Pickup the phone and say… HELLO JOHNNY!
full-service - full time
Car Accident Lawyer in Georgia
According to the Georgia Governor’s Office of Highway Safety, about 300,000 automobile collisions occur every year in our state. Of those collisions, anywhere from about 1,200 to 1,500 result in fatalities. Furthermore, car crashes occur as a result of negligence. This negligence may be on the part of one of the drivers involved, multiple drivers or even the manufacturer of the vehicles in the collision. When other people’s negligence causes your accident and subsequent injuries, you may be able to take legal action.
Car accident attorney Johnny Phillips has helped many clients who suffered serious, life-altering injuries as a result of someone else’s careless, reckless, or negligent actions on the road. Therefore, if you were injured or your loved one was killed in a car accident and you believe negligence played a role, contact our law firm to find out how we can help.
Common Causes of Car Accidents in Metro Atlanta
While a small number of car accidents can be attributed to poor road conditions or defective auto parts, most auto collisions are caused by driver negligence. Therefore, it is important to understand the common causes of car accidents, which include:
- Distracted driving, such as texting or using a cell phone while driving
- Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Speeding or reckless driving
- Failure to obey traffic signs or signals
- Tailgating or following too closely
- Failing to yield the right of way
- Fatigued or drowsy driving
By knowing the common causes of car accidents, you can take steps to reduce your risk of being involved in one. However, if you have already been injured in a car accident due to someone else’s negligence, it is important to seek the help of an experienced car accident attorney who can help you recover the compensation you deserve.
Injured in an Atlanta Car Crash?
Common Injuries Caused by Car Accidents
Some of the most common types of car accident injuries include:
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Internal bleeding
- Broken bones
- Spinal cord injuries
- Cuts and lacerations
Regardless of how minor your injury may be, you should always seek medical attention as quickly as possible after a car accident. Receiving appropriate medical care after a crash can help you avoid complications from undetected injuries and increase your chances of receiving adequate compensation from the insurance company.
What should I do if i'm in a car accident?
Most people aren’t regularly involved in car accidents. If you aren’t sure what you should do next to ensure your insurance claim is treated fairly, you’re not alone. There are several steps you should take in the aftermath of an accident to protect your rights and your ability to recover damages for your injuries:
Steps to Take After a Car Accident in Atlanta
- Call 911: If you or others involved in the car wreck have sustained serious injuries. Seeking emergency medical attention for injuries should be your highest priority.
- Report the accident: With a serious accident, report it to local authorities right away, especially if the crash is disrupting traffic. The police officers can gather all the necessary evidence from the scene and write a detailed report. A police report can be a valuable piece of evidence in your personal injury claim.
- Get contact information from witnesses: Be sure to write down the contact details of any witnesses of the accident. Their statements may become valuable evidence in your case.
- Document the scene of the accident: Take pictures of the vehicles and drivers involved in the crash. If you have visible injuries, you or someone else should take pictures of them.
- Seek medical attention: If you haven’t already been taken away by an ambulance, it’s time to see a doctor. Don’t hesitate to seek medical attention, even if you feel perfectly fine or your injuries seem mild. Car accident injuries, such as whiplash, can sometimes take a few hours or days to manifest. If you wait too long to see a doctor, the insurance adjuster may deny your personal injury claim on the grounds that you didn’t seek medical attention for the injuries you claimed to have sustained.
- Preserve everything that pertains to your accident: Medical records, pictures from the scene, witness contact details and receipts for any expenses related to your accidents should all be saved and shared with your attorney.
- Speak with a personal injury attorney as soon as you can: An experienced lawyer can help you gather necessary evidence, expedite your case and increase your chances of receiving a fair settlement.
What if the Accident Resulted in a Wrongful Death?
At the Law Office of Johnny Phillips, we help grieving families recover damages after the wrongful death of a family member. Although no amount of money can bring back your loved one, you have the right to seek justice and closure in response to their wrongful death.
What Damages Can Be Recovered in Car Accident Injury Claims?
It’s important to note that even seemingly minor fender-bender accidents can still result in extensive injuries. If you were involved in a car accident, no matter how seemingly small, it’s important that you seek medical treatment.
Because every situation is unique, it’s impossible to say what your potential claim may be worth. However, many Georgians injured in car accidents caused by negligence are able to recover damages for the following:
- Medical bills for treatment
- Ambulance/hospital fees
- Lost income and/or wages
- Reduced/lost earning capacity
- Pain and suffering
- Cost of ongoing medical care
- Emotional distress
Know When to Get an Attorney for a Car Accident
Distracted driving, speeding, driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs, and other negligent actions lead to countless car accidents each year. At the Law Office of Johnny Phillips, our car accident lawyers help clients fight for the just recovery they are owed when someone else’s negligence causes them harm. Additionally, with our team, there are no gimmicks—just sound, straightforward legal representation.
Furthermore, we know how the system works and we’re prepared to help you navigate the legal process. We strive for fair settlements on behalf of our clients, and we are not afraid to take on large insurance companies and other liable parties in court to ensure injured Georgia residents receive a maximum recovery.
Moreover, all our services are on a contingency fee basis, meaning you don’t pay unless we recover a settlement or verdict on your behalf.
...WHEN BAD THINGS HAPPEN
call 833-JOHNNY3 or 833-564-6693 (Se Habla Español)
OUR TEAM IS READY
Get a Free Consultation
At the Law Offices of Johnny Phillips, our auto accident attorneys have handled the most demanding cases, helping our clients recover the compensation they deserve. Our team of dedicated lawyers works passionately to get our clients the checks they need.