Newnan, GA Brain Injury Attorneys
Working to Secure the Recovery You Are Owed
Brain injuries of all types carry serious, sometimes lifelong consequences. Often, these types of injuries require extensive medical care, including inpatient and outpatient treatment. If you or a loved one suffered a brain injury as a result of someone else’s negligence, the Law Office of Johnny Phillips can help you fight for the just recovery you are owed. Our Newnan brain injury lawyers work to hold the responsible parties accountable. We are committed to helping our clients recover the full, fair compensation they need to assist with related damages, including medical expenses, lost income, pain and suffering, ongoing treatment costs, and more.
Discuss your situation with our team today; call us at 833-JOHNNY3 or contact us online to schedule a free initial consultation.
Types of Brain Injuries
Brain injuries can occur for any number of reasons—such as whiplash or blunt force trauma—and can vary greatly in terms of severity. That being said, all brain injuries should be treated seriously. If you or a loved one suffered any type of brain injury, it’s important that you seek medical attention as soon as possible.
Some of the different types of brain injuries include:
- Concussions: The most common type of brain injury, concussions occur when sudden movement or direct force causes brain trauma. In some cases, cranial nerves can be damaged and blood vessels may stretch.
- Contusions: A contusion, or bruise, is often the result of direct force to the head. Brain contusions typically involve bleeding on the brain and may need to be removed surgically in more severe cases.
- Diffuse Axonal: This type of brain injury often occurs with sudden movements, shaking, or rotation of the head (common in motor vehicle accidents), which cause damage to brain structures and tearing of nerve tissue.
- Coup-Contrecoup: In some cases, a force might be strong enough to cause the brain to hit the side of the skull. When this occurs, two contusions occur—one at the site of impact and one on the opposing side where the brain hit the skull.
- Traumatic Brain Injury: Ranging from mild to moderate to severe, TBI typically occurs as a result of serious blunt force or penetrative injuries to the head. These injuries often involve loss of consciousness, confusion, physical/cognitive impairment, and other lasting effects.
Brain injuries, including TBI, often occur as a result of motor vehicle accidents, including car, truck, and motorcycle collisions. They can also result from a slip and fall accident, pedestrian accident, or defective product. In many instances, these injuries occur as the direct or indirect result of someone else’s negligence. When this is the case, our firm can help.
Compassionate Counsel. Aggressive Advocacy.
Severe brain injuries are typically categorized as catastrophic injuries. In legal terms, catastrophic injuries refer to injuries that permanently prevent an individual from returning to work or gaining future employment. Often, these injuries require extensive medical treatment and can carry an array of financial, physical, and emotional damages.
Our Newnan brain injury attorneys have experience handling this particular types of cases. We understand the complex nature of catastrophic personal injury claims and are prepared to help you every step of the way.
Contact us online or by phone at 833-JOHNNY3 to find out how we can help you with your case.